Sunday, January 22, 2006

First night with the NFL...





Well I have arrived! We landed in Taiwan at 9:30pm local time on the 22nd which was about 5:30am in San Diego. A little less than 15 hours and not a bad flight at that. They showed 5 movies, we had two meals and a snack, and I spent most of my time reading and doing sudoko puzzles (not sure on the spelling?) Anyway I at my uncle's place right now, its 5:30am and I'm watching the Pittsburgh Steelers beat up on the Broncos like the Pats would have had they not turned it over 5 times! The 2nd quarter just ended, 24-3 Steelers. Not really sure what my plans are today. I think I'm heading out of the city to Chiayi, where most of the family lives. Chiayi is a smaller province on the southwest part of the island. It is a rural area and small business/industy and farming makes up most of the economy. My uncle owns and runs a chicken farm there. I'll be interested to see how the Bird Flu has affected him, or if it has at all. My mom says it hasn't… We will be spending the Chinese New Year in Chiayi. It is on the 29th of Jan. My grandfather also lives down there and the whole family will travel to spend the holiday with him. The Chinese New Year is the biggest holiday of the year. Here's are pics of the street where my uncle lives and the market this morning. Hopefully I'll have some more interesting shots here in the next few days. Just saw that Plummer bricked and the Steelers won, congrats Mike!! Later…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home