Friday, January 27, 2006

Alishan Forest Part II...



I learned a new Chinese word, “Daa Who”. That is not the spelling but it is the phonetic spelling and it means “to snore”. I say this because we all have acused each other of snoring in one night! I guess we all snore like freight trains running at full steam! Anyway, we made it up and out the door by 5:45am to catch the train to the top of the mountain by 6. The sunrise would be at 7:05 but there was a pretty heavy layer and the fog was bad too so it wasn’t looking good for the sun to show itself. We had a good time though, there were plenty of breakfast concessions and a ton of people massed at the viewing platform to keep the energy high. The temperature was colder than expected, in the 40's. The sun never did show but the view was great still, I’ve included one of the pics. We decided to hoof it back down the mountain figuring that it would be easy going down. About 1 1/2 hours later we finally made it back to the hotel where we proceeded to take a quick nap before checkout at 11:00am. After checkout we went to eat again (it seems that’s all you do while your on vacation… is eat!!). One good meal before we got on the train back to Chiayi. We arrived in Chiayi around 4:30pm and got a call from my aunt saying she was on her way to the hospital to see my grandfather and we should meet her there. My grandfather’s kidney’s are failing and he has been put on dialysis. Not good but the doctors say that he will be able to come home tomorrow and stay through the New Year. After the visit we took a cab back to the house and I’ve been here in front of the computer updating my blog. All the pics from the trip are on the photo album, under a sub album called Alishan Forest Trip. Well I’m tired and I’m off to bed… Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home